Eight wise money lessons for all of us from the characters and storyline of Downton Abbey can be read here:
I have enjoyed watching this season of Downton Abbey, though the finale did shock me!
In a nut shell:
1) never put all of your eggs in one basket
2) if it sounds too good to be true it probably is
3) never stop thinking for yourself when you are considering the advice of others
4) have adequate insurance and emergency savings to deal with the unexpected
5) save for retirement regularly and patiently
6) proper estate planning is critical and protects your family
7) neglecting your assets leads to financial ruin
8) having a plan is critical and “luck” does not constitute a plan
If you need help getting on track with your financial planning or staying the course, don’t hesitate to contact me to set up a review.